We are a community of volunteer doulas that provide doula care and health education to people in the San Francisco County Jail , Santa Rita Jail, and Bay Area residential addiction recovery programs.
Our goals for individuals
- Improve birth experiences for people who are incarcerated or in recovery.
- Support mother-infant bonding.
- Empower people to make positive decisions about their reproductive health.
- Advocate for the biopsychosocial needs of pregnant people.
- Provide support and community within the jail and residential recovery programs.
Our goals for communities
- Present pregnancy and birth as natural physiological processes.
- Decrease the gap in birth outcomes for the grossly underserved.
- Decrease women’s health disparities.
- Mitigate racism, sexism, homophobia, transphobia, and classism within the institutions housing people we serve.